Dynamet Incorporated, based in Washington, Pa., is a leading domestic and international supplier of titanium alloy products acquired by Carpenter Technology Corporation in 1997. Dynamet supplies titanium bar, wire, fine wire, strip, and precision shapes for the aerospace, medical, consumer, motorsports and recreation industries. Committed to offering excellence and innovation in the manufacture of titanium and other specialty metal products, Dynamet ensures strict quality controls through its testing and analysis laboratory.
DYNAMET - Clearwater, Florida location
POSITION SUMMARY : Production and Maintenance Employees may be assigned to any department or machine in the plant. Flexibility and cross training are expected because as business conditions and needs change employee assignments may be changed. Assigned responsibility could include machine or process operation, inspection and maintenance. Specific duties may vary between departments and / or processes. The plant currently is a 3-shift operation Monday through Sunday with many departments scheduling mandatory overtime during the week and on Saturday and possibly Sunday.
- Read work instructions from work order or traveler. Able to identify a quality product applied to and produced at the assigned manufacturing process. consult with Foreman or previous shift operators to determine status of in process work, machine conditions and other work to be completed.
- Set up manufacturing equipment, in reasonable time, using documented procedures, to produce quality product. Responsible to understand the operation of the manufacturing process in order to produce a quality product and to be proficient at operator maintenance. Observe machine operation to determine accuracy of operation and make subsequent adjustments as required to produce quality products efficiently.
- Inform Foreman or Manager of any irregularities in material, equipment, procedures etc. including advance notice of need to replenish consumable wear parts. Responsible for maintaining crew compliance with established operating procedures. Maintain product and scrap identification.
- Record required information on forms and/or electronic I/O devices. Communicate with other crewmembers to overcome or correct problems as they occur. Assist other operators as required during a downtime situation. Familiar with all process chemicals used in work area .
- Operate plant mobile equipment and overhead cranes (pendant and radio controlled). Handle process wastes in accordance with documented procedures. Assist in the training of other Production and Maintenance Employees. Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly work area.
- Observe all safety rules and procedures including wearing designated personal protective equipment and lock out tag out. Work with Managers, Foreman, Engineers, Technical Development on process improvement projects. Participate in Continuous Improvement activities as requested.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by Foreman, Gang leader, or Manager
- These duties and responsibilities reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the Production and Maintenance jobs at Dynamet, and shall not be interpreted as a detail description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- High School diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or equivalent experience. Requires Florida Driver’s License. Ability to pass a test indicating mechanical aptitude and math ability. Must be able to read and write at the high school level.
- Experience with Manufacturing process equipment, including but not limited to measurement tools – micrometers, weigh scales, hand tools – wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, test equipment – eddy current, voltmeters. Experience with various grades of titanium, steel and process chemicals is preferred.
- Requires the ability to pass a pre-employment test which includes a background check, physical including drug and alcohol screen.
- Physical Demands/Work Environment – while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: Reach with hands and arms, stand; walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Lift and or move 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds. Utilize vision including close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus.