As a Machine Operator you will set up, adjust, and operate a wide variety machines, such as drills, saws, chamfer table, beveling machine, Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) Burner, Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) Brake Press, and any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Position, align, and secure forming dies and adjust ram stroke to suit gauge of material, angle, or contours
- Set stop gauges to conform to dimensional specifications, template, or samples.
- Bend and form materials following prescribed operating sequences.
- Determine sequence of bends on multiple press operations for work having a series of bends at various angles and in different planes
- Check work to assure proper angle of bend, dimension, and general alignment
- Work from drawings, specifications, templates, and samples
- Efficiently program, set up and operate CNC Burners to achieve required specifications
- Knowledgeable and able to inspect equipment and to inspect own work at each step to ensure quality parts
- Demonstrate excellent productivity on a large variety of complicated parts and offer creative /innovative solutions to supervision and Engineering personnel to reduce production costs.
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, specifications or a sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece
- Check work order to make sure correct print and disk or program are with it, also check material thickness and type called out on work order to make sure it corresponds with print
- Move plate steel from storage area to burn table
- Put correct tips in torches and space torches for best utilization of time and material
- Regulate flame and travel to minimize slag and to get a good quality part
- Machining or fabrication background and experience.
- Must be willing and able to function as part of a team and be able and willing to be multi-trained and maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area
- Ability to utilize tools and equipment, such as hand tools, measuring tools, machine tools, forklift, electric magnets, hoists and cranes, and burner equipment
- Knowledge of machining fundamentals and operating skills
- Shop arithmetic
- Print reading, and measuring
- Stand for long periods of time, bending, reaching, strong hand control, visual acuity, and medium to heavy lifting (medium=50 pounds maximum/25 pounds frequently, heavy=100 pounds maximum/50pounds frequently)
Where will you take your career? Where do you want to go? You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Caterpillar.
- Vocational school graduate preferred
- Previous experience running a CNC Burner or Press
- Previous manual machining experience
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Relocation assistance is available for this job opening.
This job position is located in Prentice, WI
Full time with Benefits
This job opening will close at midnight (CST) on November 18, 2013.
Nov 18, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Wisconsin-Prentice-PRENTICE01-CAT Forest Products WI
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...