Daktronics, Inc designs, manufactures and sells a wide range of display systems to customers in a variety of markets throughout the world. We focus our sales and marketing efforts on geographical regions, markets and products. The primary categories of markets include Live Events, Commercial, Transportation and High School Park & Recreation. Daktronics manufacturing follows a focus factory concept paralleling these four markets.
As a feeder department, the Electronic Assembly Department is responsible for maintaining a constant supply of electronic components to the final assembly departments. This position will focus on the Surface Mount Technology (SMT) equipment located within the Electronic Assembly factory.
1. Machine operator with daily-weekly operator maintenance responsibilities of automated equipment.
1.1. Accommodate all training necessary to become fully qualified.
1.2. Complete all required reading and successfully pass the written examination for each machine certification.
1.3. Ensure that all duties are performed in a safe manner. Wear proper personal protective equipment to conform to the established safety standards of the tasks as prescribed or directed.
1.4. Communicate hazards associated with the equipment to those working near the machines that may be filling a support role and ensure they too wear proper personal protective equipment.
1.5. Complete all documentation associated with equipment being operated.
1.6. Accept production plan passed from previous shift and strive to achieve established throughput, quality, and productivity goals.
1.7. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
1.8. Work with supervisors, engineers, and process specialists to improve procedures, processes, and training methods.
1.9. Assist with the development of training aids to improve processes, quality, and reduce cycle time.
1.10. Perform on a daily, weekly, or as needed basis any maintenance prescribed to be performed by the machine operator.
1.11. Must be willing to train/operate on more than one machine.
2. Provide assembly support to any of the existing work-cells within Electronic Assembly. Some of the responsibilities listed below will also apply to the primary job description above. As follows:
2.1. Train on assembly practices and tasks that pertain to all work cells in the Electronic Assembly. Remain flexible to work outside the department if necessary.
2.2. Attend formal training sessions as necessary to elevate skill level and productivity.
2.3. Learn to read and comprehend blueprints, technical, and non-technical documents to effectively perform work assigned.
2.4. Must function effectively in a team-orientated environment.
2.5. Must learn the skill set and be able to practice with reasonable efficiency the skill of hand soldering.
2.6. Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Surface Mount Technology (SMT) experience required.
3. Past work experience will be evaluated for potential placement.
4. Demonstrated ability and desire to train and effectively apply this training in a fast-paced production environment. Must be able to train on and work in all areas of the factory/assembly line.
5. Ability to lift and carry heavy (up to 45lbs) and /or awkward items. Must be able to stand and/or sit for the full shift and have full range of motion as required for the position.
6. Ability to perform hands on work, handle and manipulate small parts.
7. Distinguish and identify colors (wires, paint, etc) as it pertains to the position.
8. Work with some odors associated with a manufacturing environment (paint, solder, welding, coating, etc).
9. Ability to operate a computer is required. Effective keyboard skills preferred.
10. Good communication skills. Fluent in English; verbal and written required.
11. Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team.
12. Ability to work overtime including weekend shifts when workload requires.
13. Background investigation will be conducted.
14. We do not sponsor immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Daktronics, Inc. is a supplier of electronic scoreboards, large electronic display systems and related marketing services, digital messaging...