To properly operate your equipment from a Safety, Quality perspective, while maintaining the cleanliness of all equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Must be able to operate multiple pieces of equipment which will include Federal Filler, Simplex Filler, Pacific Filler, Combi Case packer.
• Must be aware of all E-stops and pinch points caused by moving machinery including energized equipment by air or electrical.
• Must be able to identify proper boxes, labels and correct coding.
• Must be able to perform proper weight adjustments to maintain proper product weight.
• Must work with Team members to maintain standard changeovers while maintaining standard line efficiencies.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and correct minor mechanical issues.
• Must be able to properly document line production by filling out Inspection Record/ Downtime sheets as well as metal detection information.
• Must be able to identify and set up proper product flow from hold tanks thru flow panels to Production machines.
• Disassemble production equipment: clean, rinse, and sanitize all product contact machinery utilizing all required PPE equipment.
• Reassemble production equipment after cleaning & sanitizing
• Chemically clean machinery while maintaining proper safety procedures
• CIP (Clean In Place) technique (training required)
• Compliance to all safety, BRC, Housekeeping and GMP practices
• Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other Team Members of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member frequently is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to walk, climb or balance, and talk or hear. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The Team Member is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.