The ideal candidate will performs multiple setups and operations to produce metal parts and assemblies on a production basis.
- Sets and operates a variety of machines, such as lathes, mills, precisions grinders, table saw, etc., to perform diversified machining operations.
- Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to work from complex blueprints and drawings, perform standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds and feeds of machining
- Able to read and interpret documents such, as blue prints or mechanical drawings.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must complete all assigned paper work as required.
- Vocational, High school diploma, or general education degree (GED); or 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education, and experience.
- Requires frequent lifting of weights of 15 lbs. or more
- Requires extended periods of standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job including ability to adjust focus.
- Must wear safety glasses at all time when in the machine shop area.