We are looking for a self starter to join second shift as a Machine Operator III in our Machine Shop.
Duties and Responsibilities
1.Work from drawings, specs, and routers with understanding in material handling.
2.Understand quality control process of inspection sheets and non-conforming material.
3. Set-up and operate various types of automatic, semi-automatic and manual turning machines to perform close tolerance operations.
4.Understand and identify difference in materials such as brass, aluminum, and stainless steel sheets.
5.Ability to use hand tools and various measuring instruments including micrometers and vernier calipers.
6.Ability to adjust tooling or existing programs for all machines in job description.
7.Perform preventive maintenance on machinery such as oiling and cleaning. Notify supervisor of more serious problems.
8.Maintain 5-S (Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) within work area.
9.Keep area clean and follow all safety policies and procedures.
10.Ability to lead and cross-train others in proper work duties to control work on shop floor.
11.Performs other related duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
Must be willing to work any shift.
- High School education or equivalent (i.e diploma or GED)
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format in English.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math to perform basic calculations and use basic hand held measuring tools.
- 1 year of previous experience in manufacturing setting or equivalent.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-5 years of previous experience in manufacturing setting or equivalent.
- Training in Safety Rules and Equipment, Ergonomics and Lean Manufacturing.
- Standing, sitting, stooping, squatting, can be expected along with other means transfer of tooling, parts, containers and raw material (8+ hours/day for long periods of time).
- Must be able to frequently lift, push, and pull objects that are up to 35 pounds without assistance, occasionally 50 pounds with assistance.
- Repetitive wrist, elbow and arm movement continuously throughout the work day.
- Must be able to wear daily required PPE (safety glasses, steel toe shoes) as required by company policy and procedures.
North America - US/Puerto Rico
Level" > Minimum 1 Year
Relocation benefit provided?
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...