The Filler Operator is responsible for ensuring optimum quality products through the operation of the filler of various product families following regulatory standards, ensuring the product is clean and sterile.
· Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment of the production line.
· Complete all required documentation and scheduled quality checks.
· Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
· Make adjustments to filler timing and filling, & check mat as needed.
· Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
· Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
· Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
- Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
- Will have working knowledge and experience with labeler operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent downtime due to error.
- Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
· Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
· Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
· Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
· Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
· High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
· Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to s tand, walk, push or pull for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally including overhead.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some exposure to cleaning chemicals. Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V