Position Title: Machine Operator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To (Position): Production Supervisor
Company: First Quality
Manufacturing – All departments
The company has built its reputation in the marketplace by demanding high standards for all of its employees. The company’s success is measured by its integrity, honesty, quality products at a fair price with exemplary service to its customers. This position requires an individual that excels in leadership and is a team player with a superb skill set. Beyond the technical qualifications of the position it is important that the individual demonstrates a character with strong family values and a willingness to build a solid working relationship with hands-on ownership.
Purpose and role of job:
Take personal responsibility to prevent accidents and injuries by observing established working rules, follow the directions of supervisors, practice the principles taught in safety training and provide ideas to further strengthen our program. Responsible for working in a safe manner to efficiently operate the machine, lead a team of members and maintain a safe work area. Consistently achieve established budgeted, productivity and waste objectives.
Principal Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
· Adheres to all Safe Work Practices (SWP) and organizational policies and procedures. Must abide by all safety requirements and attain safety goals.
· Perform job functions in a safe manner. Maintain housekeeping and identify safety issues to ensure a safe work environment.
Additional skills required:
· Must attend all required training.
· Maintains accurate records of production, quality and downtime.
· Responsible for training new team members on his/her team.
· Ensures quality standards and standardizations are met.
· Completes all process audits.
· Controls the operation of the machine including adjustments and minor repairs necessary to produce a quality product, which meets company process and product specifications.
· Loads and makes material splices on the machine.
· Communicates with the appropriate team members on any machine problems, material changes or quality conditions.
· Must participate in continuous improvement efforts.
· Ensures daily housekeeping duties are completed.
· Maintains cleanliness of machine to include, but not limited to, emptying trash, sweeping area around machine and main aisle, wiping down machine exterior.
· Must be able to work with minimum supervision, with self-directed work skills.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Must be able to work overtime and weekends as necessary and must be able to work any shift, and stay on job until properly relieved.
Education and experience requirements:
· High school graduate or equivalent required.
· 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
· Must be able to pass all job-related tests.
· Must have previous high-speed production machinery experience.
· Good oral and written communication skills, computer skills, reasoning and mathematical skills.
· Must be willing to move to higher level career opportunities
· Must be able to speak, read and write the English language and perform basic mathematical skills. Must be able to pass minimum required standard on all competency tests.
The employee will be working in a safe manner in a manufacturing plant operation at all times and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) . Must be able to work overtime as required.
Normal mobility, manual dexterity, normal visual and auditory ability.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and utilize assisting devices for heavier lifting. Ability to bend, climb, stoop, stand and crawl. Must be able to stand for long periods of time (minimum of 12 hours).
The above information on this job description has been described to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents. Other duties and responsibilities not specifically described may be assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent.
Consumer paper products and bottled water prevail at First Quality Enterprises (FQE). A diversified group of companies, FQE manufactures and...