Operates machines and ensures machines are operating properly in order to produce products that meet company specifications.
· Check product produced by machine for quality.
· Monitor machines for problems that may arise so that quality and performance are maintained.
· Troubleshoot basic machine problems and quality issues.
· Check raw materials for quality before loading into machine.
· Prepare all materials that are to be loaded into the machine.
· Prepare tooling for changeovers.
· Perform machine changeovers.
· Perform basic PM and maintenance tasks.
· Performs other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Prior work experience in manufacturing is preferred.
· Must be able to read and understand instructions.
· Must have ability to read tape measure.
· Ability to work at other stations at any given time.
· Ability to keep machines in satisfactory performance status.
· General knowledge of hand tools, general mechanical items.
DECISIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Alert Supervisor and maintenance personnel of any problems that may arise.
· Make machine adjustments as necessary to produce products that meet company specifications.
· Order raw materials.
· Make sure all materials are loaded into the machine in a quick, efficient manner so that downtime is limited.
· Count and record rejected products and scrap material.
· Check finished goods pallets and sign production tickets.
· Keep work area clean and free from debris.
· Clean machine and work area at the end of each shift.
· Ensure that all personnel are following plant safety guidelines.
· Complete production reports.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
· May be required to lift up to approximately 50 pounds.
· Must be able to stand at work station for a long period of time.
· Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment with exposure to noise, fumes and dust particles.
· Must be able to travel throughout the facility to obtain information needed to perform job functions.
· Must be able to withstand both hot and cold atmosphere depending on weather conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Flanders Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, or disability. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
Flanders Corporation - 14 months ago
Flanders Corporation designs, manufactures and markets air filters and related products, and are focused on providing environmental...