We are seeking candidates for machine operator positions located in the Richmond area. The ideal candidate will be able to perform repetitive tasks in a timely manner. Must be able to work on your feet throughout the day. Candidate must meet all safety requirements set by the hiring manager.
· Determines sequence of operations by reading specifications and work orders.
· Prepares machine for production by positioning and securing dies, stops, guides, and turntables.
· Regulates machining by setting and adjusting controls.
· Maintains specifications by observing operations; detecting malfunctions; inspecting parts; adjusting controls.
· Resolves production problems by altering process to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
· Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
· Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
· Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
· Work varying shifts, weekends and holidays.
· Effectively handle lifting various objects.
· Operate various types of tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.
· Follow written and oral instructions,
· Basic computer literacy to interpret machine monitoring devices.
· General electronics.
· Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
· Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
· High school or GED equivalent required.
Able to lift 50 pounds.