Essential Job functions and Responsibilities:|
Functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
THIS WILL NOT BE A FIRST SHIFT POSITION. MUST BE WILLING TO WORK THE OFF SHIFTS
- Set up, load, operate, tear-down, clean, troubleshoot, and make minor adjustments to packaging equipment. Ensure that all slots are filled to assure maximum line efficiency.
- Set up and change film, package lot code, package date, and product code. Check and document that materials are correct and printing is correct and legible.
- Perform and document product quality and package integrity as directed.
- Handle leaker packages in a sanitary manner.
- Rotate to other positions as directed.
- Supply lines with packaging materials and put away them away at end of shift.
- Maintain proper housekeeping in work area as well as keep equipment clean and orderly at all times.
- Work together in a team environment;
- Observe all department safety and quality specifications;
- Track and maintain all required records;
- Any other assigned responsibilities by management;
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System. Report any issues to appropriate facility management.
A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences or vacancies.
Able to bend, twist and stand for long periods of time;
Able to peel and transfer 30 lb. deli log from rack to slicer;
Able to push full racks of meat on rail;
Hillshire Brands focuses on providing meat-centric food products that satisfy consumer appetites and offer exceptional quality and value. The flagship brands of our reinvigorated company include Ball Park, Gallo Salame, Hillshire Farm, Jimmy Dean and State Fair. In addition, the company produces the well-loved Sara Lee frozen desserts. The Hillshire Brands foodservice division serves our portfolio of products to restaurants, schools, convenience stores, healthcare facilities, hospitality venues and other food service operations. Collectively, these brands generate $4 billion in revenue as they touch millions of consumers in North America.
At Hillshire Brands, we believe that careers are as unique as individuals. That's why we offer employment opportunities that give you ownership of your career. All employees have a voice, and your ideas are valued. As an employee of the company, your individual contributions will make a significant impact on our overall success. Our organization benefits from the passion of individuals working together, so as an employee of Hillshire Brands you will have an opportunity to further develop your skills, gain new experiences and build new capabilities.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Hillshire Brands - 2 years ago
Hillshire Brands Company (NYSE: HSH) is the nation's leader in meat-centric food solutions for the retail and foodservice markets. The...