At Honeywell, we look for people driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell International is a $36 billion diversified technology and manufacturing global leader. Honeywell has more than 125,000 employees in 120 countries around the world and has a demonstrated heritage of innovation and achievement.
Environmental Combustion and Controls (ECC) is a $2.7 billion strategic business unit (SBU) providing integrated product solutions in heating and heating processes, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration, air purification, zoning, humidification, air conditioning, water controls and processes, electrical devices and systems, lighting control, switches, sensors and controllers. Our technologies are found in more than 150 million homes, 10 million buildings, and a multitude of manufacturing plants around the world. Customers include original equipment manufacturers, commercial, homeowners, contractors, retail, trade building managers, consulting engineers and distributors.
We are seeking a Machine Operator |
in our Muncie, IN facility for current and future openings. These will be second or third shift opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform duties as assigned to change over and perform simple setups on a limited variety of designated machine tools and operate miscellaneous machine tools to machine standard castings and piece parts varying in size, weight and detail for second shift production.
• Work from work orders, process sheets, blueprints and instructions.
• Rotate between work centers as directed to meet second shift production requirements.
• Perform simple setups to change over designated machines, such as numerical, single and multispindle drill presses.
• Change and adjust heads, fixtures and bar guides.
• Insert prescribed tooling and adjust for depth of cut.
• Set specified speeds.
• Align and position workpieces in appropriate fixtures and chucks.
• Operate turret lathes, numerical controlled lathes, automatic lathes and milling machines that have been set up by others.
• Perform initial machine operations to turn, face, tap, drill, bore and contour iron and steel workpieces.
• Check for proper operation.
• Make minor adjustments to tooling height and speeds for drill presses to compensate for material conditions.
• Obtain first piece approval for short and long production runs.
• Load, secure and unload completed work, by hand or using hoist.
• Visually and dimensionally check work to maintain quality standards.
• Move completed work to designated areas.
• Tear down and clean workcenters.
• Notify supervisor of unusual equipment or operating problems.
• Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Dial caliper
• Dial indicator
• Plug, pin and thread gauges
• Fixed scales
• Standup electric forklift truck
• Hand tools
• High school diploma or GED
• 3 months experience operating machines within a Honeywell environment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...