ABOUT THE COMPANY
Impact Guard LLC is a Pittsburgh-based manufacturing company established in 2011 to develop and manufacture innovative composite materials for the transportation and construction markets. The new and highly automated facility will operate 24/7 to meet the growing global demand for strong, light weight, corrosion resistant composite materials.
A manufacturer that is a leader in its industry has an opening for the Operator position in its Pittsburgh, PA location. This position will be responsible for operating all equipment on the work station.
This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, holidays, and 401K.
- Understand and operate all equipment in the work station
- Be able to adjust operational parameters to meet production and quality requirements
- Set up each production run according to work order
- Follow procedures for proper startup and shutdown of equipment
- Verify all equipment and tooling are in proper location and operational at the beginning and the end of each shift
- Coordinate shift changes with other shifts to insure the seamless operation of the work station without interruption
- Wear proper safety equipment and follow safety procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Equipment operator experience- internal or similar manufacturing using computer controlled automated equipment
- Basic computer knowledge
- Able to adapt to internal computer systems including but not limited to Microsoft Products
- Fork lift operation
- Experience working in an Industrial, manufacturing, or plastics processing environment is required.
High school diploma is required; associate degree or technical training certificate preferred.
UNUSUAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT
This position will require standing and walking for an extended period of time, wearing protective gear, handling and moving objects - up to 50 pounds, inspecting equipment and materials
Exposure to manufacturing environment including mild irritant of fiberglass, heat, noise
- Must be able to work 12 Hour shifts: 3 days on – 4 days off -4 days on- 3 days off - and/or as scheduled.