Insituform Technologies, LLC is looking for (2) experienced Machine Operators.
Insituform Technologies, LLC, is a leading worldwide provider of cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) and other technologies and services for the rehabilitation of pipeline systems. Insituform's businesses consist of sewer, drinking water, and energy and mining pipeline rehabilitation and protection. The company provides cost-effective solutions to remediate operational, health, regulatory and environmental problems resulting from aging and defective pipelines. Insituform's technologies allow its customers to avoid the extraordinary expense and extreme disruption that can result from traditional "dig and replace" methods.
The Machine Operator position includes, stacking, inspecting, extrusion, material handling, lateral collars and/or any other duties specified by supervision.
A Machine Operator may be required, but not limited, to perform the following tasks:
- Obtain machine sheets for jobs
- Match material with paperwork and confirm proper B-tag, correct material type, and dimensions
- Install proper machines and set correct job size
- Load materials, thread, etc. as required
- Monitor stitching, taping (if applicable) and flamebonds during the operation. Periodic visual checks should be made for contaminates, stitch defects, voids, and other quality attributes .
- Install and reset counter
- Check computer, label tube properly and complete paperwork
- Maintain machinery as needed
- Perform material splices as required
- Stack tubes
- Extrude sewn seam for seam sealing
- Inspection of tubes
- Operation of ink jet printer
- Use hand held extrusion guns
- Perform splices, tapers, transitions and other special tube specifics as required
- Cutting of material
- Other duties as directed by supervision
- High school diploma or GED and a minimum of 6 months work experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to make simple machine set-ups using measuring instruments such as tape measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work 2nd shift; hours are 4:15pm - 2:30am.