Machine parts to prints using various machines such as drills, mills, lathes, can cutters and other special machines.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives work order package which consists of route sheet and print from immediate supervisor.
- Receives material and arranges work area to perform job.
- Studies route sheet and print to determine which tools are best suited for job.
- Prepares minor set-ups and operates all basic machinery.
- Machines all types of metals with minimum scrap.
- Uses precision measuring equipment such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, thread gauges, etc. to check work.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience & Key Competencies:
High school or trade school education or the equivalent
1-2 years previous machine operation experience or the equivalent education and related experience
Ability to read Standard Operating Procedures and engineering assembly drawings and follow verbal directions
Ability to use percentages and simple formulas
Good communication skills
Dependable and flexible
Willing and able to work in a team environment
Able to meet production goals and deadlines
Commitment to quality
Equipment Used, Working Conditions & Physical demands:
Equipment: Drills, mills, lathes, can cutters, micrometers, calipers, indicators, thread gauges
Working conditions: Environmental influences and elements typical of a heavy manufacturing production environment.
Physical demands: High level of hand-eye coordination; standing and sitting; manual dexterity; visual accuracy.
Since 1942 Jennings has provided unique application solutions for some of the largest corporations in the world.