The Machine Operator is responsible for operating manual machines. This includes v-saw, band saw, edge sander, drill press, and others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Do appropriate set up for the parts to be run and verify the set up.
- Machine products to specifications.
- Assure the accuracy of the first good machined part to insure it meets the specifications Assure the set up meets or exceeds all safety requirements.
- Document that the checkout procedure occurred
- Able to identify different wood species
- Inspect parts for compliance to tolerances, quantities, etc.
- Keep work space and equipment clean and well organized.
- Perform proper preventive maintenance as required on any equipment being used.
- Follow all safety guidelines and uses required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Identify nonconformities and follow nonconforming product procedures and be aware of disposition authority.
- Implement process improvements.
- Support the Vision and Guiding Principles and other policies of Kimball International and Kimball Hospitality.
- Follow and support the Quality system.
- Performs job rotation as directed.
- Experience running various manual machines, such as v-saw, band saw, edge sander, drill press, and others.
- Able to lift parts from floor to operation level frequently
- Able to use required gauges and measuring devices
- Able to write legibly
- Able to read and comprehend required documents.
- Able to accomplish required math
Kimball Hospitality - 4 months ago
Kimball Hospitality is the leader in providing hospitality furniture solutions. We pride ourselves on our award-winning product development....