High Level Statement of the Role:
The machine operator is responsible for the machining of parts per load card specifications and work instructions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
(Include Safety and Environmental, Quality, and Job Specific Roles and Responsibilities)
· Do appropriate set up for parts to be run. Verify set up accuracy.
· Inspect for obvious damage, color consistency and alignment or any other material specifications and inspect parts for compliance to any other quality or workmanship standards.
· Document necessary information.
· Keep work space and equipment clean and well organized.
· Perform proper preventive maintenance as required on any equipment being used.
· Follow all safety guidelines and uses required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Identify nonconformities and follow nonconforming product procedures and be aware of disposition authority.
· Implement process improvements.
· Support the Vision and Guiding Principles and other policies of Kimball International and National Office Furniture.
· Follow and support the Quality system.
· Performs job rotation as directed.
· Support our Environmental Management System (EMS).
· Ability to comprehend and follow job safety guidelines
· Able to comprehend and follow directions on a load card, SOR (if applicable) or OMS.
· Able to lift parts from floor to operation level frequently
· Skilled in the use of air driven hand tools
· Capable of setting up forms/fixtures to specifications
· Understands/follows proper lockout procedures
· Able to perform preventative maintenance to tools/equipment
· Able to maintain forms as appropriate.
· Able to comprehend and perform proper gluing processes
· Able to use required gauges and measuring devices
· Able to use load moving devices
· Ability to identify nonconformities
Kimball International, Inc - 4 months ago
Kimball International, Inc. provides a variety of products from its two business segments: the Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS)...