Do you share our passion for coffee?
Do you want to see the results of your work in offices all across America?
Do you have the desire and the drive to make Flavia the number one workplace beverage system in North America?
At Mars, we believe in giving everyone the toughest deal there is: freedom.
The freedom to grow, the freedom to excel, the freedom to make decisions, the freedom to challenge yourself and your team - in short, the freedom to take responsibility.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
Machine operators are key roles within the manufacturing team of Mars Drinks North America as they ensure that safety and quality remain paramount in everything we do. The role of the Machine Operator is to maintain quality standards, adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices, manufacturing guides and standard operating procedures, load materials, pack sachets into cases, palletize cases and perform quality product testing.
MISSION CRITICAL COMPETENCIES
- Communicate with facilitator or operator from previous shift to determine production run and machine performance. Conduct area inspection with regards to 5S standards, and accurately fill out logbooks.
- Operate packaging line at optimal level, including monitoring scrap levels, and continuously seek out opportunities to minimize downtime and product quality defects.
- Perform the established clean down and changeover standard operating procedures with an eye towards improving the process without jeopardizing it. Accurately fill out charts and paperwork for changeovers to subsequent shifts.
- Perform product quality testing and accurately fill out Statistical Process Control charts. Must have a working knowledge and ability to find procedures and data in computer systems.
- Perform operator-level preventive maintenance and assist facilitator and maintenance technician as required.
- Commit to supporting continuous improvement activities and bring creative, innovative ideas to the table.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
- Peer Relationship
- Conflict Management
- Drive for results
Decisions and their impact to the business:
Ability to make decisions concerning quality, safety and performance of machines and equipment is a must.
KEY FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- An understanding of mechanical machine operation utilizing quality monitoring and corrective action. A focus on continuous improvement is required.
- Strong problem identification and problem solving skills are a must.
- Must be a team player with a willingness to learn new skills and an excellent attendance record.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Must be willing to work any shift as the business requires.
- High School Degree or GED essential; 2 yr. Technical Degree preferred
- Must be willing to submit to a post-offer, pre-employment drug screen, background investigation and functional capacity exam as a condition of employment.
Mars - 11 months ago
- 10 days ago
- 4 days ago
Track Services - Youngstown
- 2 days ago
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...