Metals USA has an immediate opening for a Machine Op. at our Oakwood, GA location. . The Machine Op., under minimal supervision, regularly performs advanced production activities requiring a demonstrated high level of skill and proficiency in production processes and multiple or advanced machine operation acquired through extended experience or training.
- P ositioning work pieces for processing
- O perating a combination of different machines to process work by cutting, burning, sawing, blasting, shearing, slitting, punching, grinding, bending or pressing
- U sing gauges, calipers indicators or rulers for measurement
- D etermining processing specifications such as materials, cutting tools, location of cutting lines, dimensions, tolerances and operational sequences by reviewing blue prints, work orders, tooling instructions or other written specifications
- I nstalling and aligning specified punches, cutting blades or other fixtures in machine bed using gauges, templates, feelers, shims or hand tools
- A djusting controls to set cutting speed, depth and feed rates
- D iagnosing problems and making necessary adjustments.
- C oordinates material handling of all inventories to be processed including operation of overhead crane.
- M ay train less experienced workers and perform as lead in absence of group leader.
- 3 years minimum experience as a Machine Operator in the Steel Industry
- CNC knowledge preferred
- Basic reading and writing comprehension in English (to read work order instructions, safety and policy manuals)
- Basic measuring skills to read English & Metric systems and Metric Basic arithmetic skills to calculate and convert decimals and fractions Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows software (for loading up design to be burned)
- Experience on overhead crane operation
- Certified Forklift Operator
- Demonstrated manual dexterity, finger dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and multi-limb coordination
Great Compensation and Benefits Package
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D
Metals USA - 30+ days ago
Metals USA is a leading provider of value-added metal processing and inventory management services. In 2009, Metals USA sold over 912,000...