General Statement of Duties:
Working under the direction of the Production Team Lead, the machine operator is responsible for day-to-day card production, maintenance of machinery and equipment, and any other procedures deemed necessary. The Machine Operator performs basic maintenance on the production machines. Follows procedures established for safety, quality and production standards. Works from process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
- Setting up and operating a variety of automatic and semi-automatic machines used in the production of the Company’s product.
- Ensure that all machinery is operational.
- Perform daily cleaning of equipment and surrounding areas.
- Keep scrap levels to a minimum.
- Maintain a high level of card quality.
- Ensure that the “zero gap” process is performed in the manner spelled out by the procedures.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities Required:
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Be able to work constructively with little supervision.
- Able to learn and retain the operation of all equipment in the facility.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions that can be very detailed in nature.
- Dependable / reliable.
- Must be able to function in a small group.
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Some college education preferred, but not required.
- 1-2 years experience in a production or manufacturing environment.
- US Citizenship required.
US citizens only. Foreign nationals and dual citizens not eligible.
- Travel not required
- Manufacturing shop environment. Exposure to noise, dust, and hazards associated with manufacturing equipment and tools. Working areas may not be ventilated or air-conditioned.
- The work requires moderate physical effort with recurring lifting and/or moving of moderately heavy items in the 30-50 pound range and occasional lifting up to 75 pounds. Requires long periods of standing, walking, recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. Normal range of hearing and vision required to operate machinery and forklifts.
MorphoTrust USA offers a total rewards program including competitive pay, insurance benefits, retirement plan, Paid Time Off program, training and development. We offer a challenging work environment that values diversity.
MorphoTrust - 22 months ago