Working under the direction of the Production Supervisor, the Machine Operator is responsible for day-to-day card production, maintenance of machinery and equipment, and any other procedures deemed necessary. Performs basic maintenance on the production machines. Follows procedures established for safety, quality and production standards. Works from process sheets or written/verbal instructions given by supervisor to perform production tasks.
Essential Job Functions (includes but is not limited to):
- Setting up and operating a variety of automatic and semi-automatic machines used in the production of the Company’s product.
- Ensure that all machinery is operational.
- Perform daily cleaning of equipment and surrounding areas.
- Keep scrap levels to a minimum.
- Maintain a high level of card quality.
- Ensure that the “zero gap” process is performed in the manner spelled out by the procedures.
Note: In addition to the Essential Functions, also performs similar work-related duties as assigned.
- Be able to work constructively with little supervision.
- Able to learn and retain the operation of all equipment in the facility.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions that can be very detailed in nature.
- Dependable / reliable.
- Must be able to function in a small group.
- Some college education preferred, but not required
- 1-2 years' experience in a production or manufacturing environment
Travel Requirement, Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
Travel Requirements, such as:
- Generally not required, but, must have ability to travel locally for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops
Working Conditions, such as:
- General office environment. The work area is adequately lighted, heated, and ventilated.
Physical Demands, such as:
- Office environment where the employee may sit comfortably to do the work. Some walking, standing, bending, reaching, and carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and other office equipment.
- The work requires light physical effort with frequent lifting and/or moving of materials in the 10-30 pound range and occasional lifting up to 50 pounds. Requires manual dexterity and ability to manipulate small objects. May require normal range of hearing and vision to operate machinery.
- Will be required to stand, squat and walk throughout the day not exceed 30-50% of the time, but may be more than 50% during key projects
Must be US Citizen, without dual Citizenship
MorphoTrust - 16 months ago