Operates an envelope machine and meet production standards, ensuring product quality of each box and carton. Maintain correct and legible paperwork.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ADDITIONAL DEPARTMENT OR POSITION-SPECIFIC DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete required paperwork; includes recording job number, envelope size, type of envelope, printing (if any), box and carton, as well as job start time, run and down times.
- Check job jacket against the job being run to verify the job is running correctly (This includes checking that the correct label for that job is being put on cartons.)
- Organize parts, tools, materials and information reduce set up time.
- Ensure printing plates are clear and correct.
- Load envelope blanks in non-web machines and help keep gum and ink flowing.
- Check and inspect quality of envelopes; includes watching for roll outs, folding problems, gum leaking in window and/or side, printing problems, splits onside, errors in window dimensions, etc.
- Pull sample envelopes at least every 30 minutes and record time, operator initial and date on the envelope and put in jacket. Always have a box of envelopes set aside, changing it every half hour for the purpose of checking quality in the gum drying process.
- Pack envelopes correctly in boxes ensuring the front of the envelopes face the front of the box.
- Assemble shipping cartons.
- Handle basic jams and knows when to rely on adjuster for troubleshooting. (This includes when machine goes down for a jam. Taking out the jam and starting machine back up).
- Shut off machine and notify adjuster of any machine problems.
- Performs all support tasks during a job change. Cleaning printing parts and changing Dr. Blades during change. (Safety gloves must be worn when changing Dr. Blades).
- Clean machine during job change or shutdown. (This includes the blowing out of the machine. Goggles must be worn when blowing the machine out).
JOB QUALIFICATIONS (refers to job , not incumbent):
- Communicate with Supervisors, Operators, and Adjusters on and off shift.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations (wear proper safety attire; steel toed shoes or coverings, hearing protection, safety glasses, shields and gloves as needed), no horseplay, be cautious when near equipment and machines, always make sure safety guards and contactors are in place and operational. Maintain clean machine and work area (sweep, remove waste, etc).
Special Skills Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
None required .
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak and understand English.
- Must possess ability to work at a rapid pace
- Requires basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and the ability to accurately read a ruler.
Production/plant environment as a full time job assignment. Exposure to high production/output machinery and equipment, hazardous materials (inks, solvents, glue, etc – all materials an employee may come in contact with are detailed with readily available MSDS sheets), constant noise and extreme heat (over 100 degrees during summer months) are present.
( relates to physical environment):
POSITION REPORTS TO (title of immediate supervisor/manager):
POSITION INTERACTS WITH (indicate internal and external contacts):
National Envelope staff, contractors and vendors.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE WORK OF OTHERS: Please check only one box below, as appropriate.
, if this job has hiring and firing authority; formally appraises performance; coaches/counsels employees; takes necessary disciplinary actions; and determines method in which work is performed
Work leadership responsibility
if on a regular and recurring basis , this job assigns day-to-day work to others; checks their work; eliminates ordinary work difficulties they may encounter; and maintains their work flow; but does not have full supervisory responsibility as described above ,
If either (2) or (3) is checked, please indicate the titles of those jobs supervised or receiving work leadership:
REQUIRED PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand or walk. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and bend and stoop. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Some machines have stairs that must be climbed to load the envelope blanks. Employee will constantly be performing repetitive grasping and horizontal movement with hands and arms.
- Maintain set production standards for quality and quantity.
- Minimize waste by making sure all of the waste is segregated properly.
National Envelope - 30+ days ago
Pushing the envelope is this company's business. NE Opco, dba National Envelope, produces billions of envelopes a year, ranging from re...