For over 74 years, Nebraska Furniture Mart has been a leader in providing affordable home furnishings to the Midwest area. Our motto has been to improve people's lifestyles with quality services and products, and we are positive that our employees are the drivers behind our success. Nebraska Furniture employs staff members who are dedicated and passionate about their work.
A career with our Warehouse team includes great opportunities for growth and advancement, day and evening shifts, competitive pay, and fantastic benefits. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to become a part of our winning warehouse team. A Machine Operator’s duties would include:
Utilizes Materials Handling Equipment to Pick, Distribute, and Put-Away Product:
Conducts, Reconciles, and Views WMS Reports Facilitating Accuracy:
- Handles product utilizing order picker, tow-tractor, forklift, pole lift, squeeze, and pallet-jacks to high-bay, mezzanine, bay doors, and customer pickup dock locations. Utilizes conveyor belt systems, transfer gates, and freight elevators.
- Operates scanning equipment to locate, pick, bin, and cycle product. Locates merchandise according to documented plans.
- Be familiar with workload priorities, ensuring timelines are met.
- Observe material handling safety practices. Handle product in safe and secure manner. Ensure product is 100% secure before putting machine into motion.
- Accurately locate return-to-stock, received goods, and transferred product into appropriate areas.
- May operate carpet cutting machine and carpet puller in flooring areas.
- Properly mark product tag ensuring product reaches correct destination.
Training, Safety, and Cleanliness:
- Conduct driver load exception reports ensuring all product has been picked and binned for accountable processes.
- Conduct monthly cycle reports of warehouse. Reconcile product discrepancies and provides reports to supervision. Removes and sets aside product that is invalid. Document cycle activity on approved checklists.
- Monitors daily progress of processes utilizing WMS menus. Immediately reports possible discrepancies or errors and potential roadblocks to supervision.
- Inspect and document operator checklists before operating machines.
- Attend OSHA required safety classes and specific training as mandated by NFM (i.e., Quality, Service Plus, Back Education, etc.).
- Use sound safety practices when operating machinery. Possess certificate of MHE qualifications.
- Identify, report, and take positive steps to correct any safety/security deficiency affecting NFM staff.
- Clean assigned warehouse areas, including trash removal, floor scrubbing, sweeping, organizing, vacuuming, mopping, etc.
Acceptable drug screen, criminal background check and lifting test required.
- Set schedules
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay - YES we are closed major holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Staff Discount
Mon - 1:00pm - 9:45pm
Tue - 1:00pm - 9:45pm
Wed - 1:00pm - 9:45pm
Thu - 1:00pm - 9:45pm
Fri - Off
Sat - Off
Sun - 9:30am - 6:15pm
- 1 year warehouse experience.
- Customer service and machine operations experience preferred.
- Ability to work night, weekend and/or early morning hours based on business needs.
- Ability to work in high places.
- Ability to operate scanning equipment.
- 18 years of age or older
- ability to push up to 100 lbs., pull up to 110 lbs., and occasionally lift up to 125 lbs.
Nebraska Furniture Mart - 20 months ago
Girl power, indeed. The legendary Nebraska Furniture Mart got its start in 1937 when Russian immigrant Rose Blumkin ("Mrs. B")...