PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
To accurately and efficiently operate over 20 different machines in the fabrication department.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Operates fabrication equipment and conveyor pain line system on the shop floor.
2. Sets up assigned machinery in designated work cells.
3. Works in all designated areas within the facilities as determined by current work in process.
4. Checks finished products to ensure high quality of work.
5. Complies with Company and department safety and work practice policies and procedures as applicable.
6. Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
7. Accurately completes a work card daily and turns them into the supervisor at the end of the shift.
8. Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management.
9. Performs all other duties as apparent or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High School education or equivalent.
• 0-1 years of experience in related position or field.
• Ability to work a schedule based on the understanding of responsibilities and priorities.
• Ability to accurately read and match numbers.
• Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions and communicate to personnel.
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work in a manner that promotes a safe working environment.
• Ability to contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Ability to obtain equipment license or power equipment certification as required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to stand and walk throughout the facility during required length of the shift.
• Frequently required bend, stoop, push and pull objects.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities include depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to talk and hear.
• Ability to lift up to 70-100 pounds on a continuous basis.
• Ability to work at heights up to 35 feet.
• Ability to operate forklift, motorized pallet jack or other power equipment as necessary.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
• Protective footwear (steel-toe boots/shoes)
• Protective eyewear (safety glasses)
• Protective hearing devices in designated areas
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an entire list of all activities, tasks and skills required of people in the position
Northern Tool + Equipment is a family business that takes pride in our ability to equip you with the tools to tackle tough challenges. We strive to build lasting relationships and promote a fun and unique Northern experience. For more than 30 years, Northern Tool + Equipment has been the ultimate resource for contractors, automotive shops, grounds maintenance professionals, homeowners and serious do-it-yourselfers. We are a multi-million dollar retail, internet, and catalog powerhouse with strength and stability rivaled only by the exceptional products we sell.
*Northern Tool + Equipment is an equal employment opportunity employer and is a drug-free workplace.
Northern Tool + Equipment Catalog - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Northern Tool + Equipment has been a supplier of high-quality tools and equipment for more than 26 years, selling products through direct...