Job Requisition ID: 53978
Job Type: Manufacturing and Production
Work Time: Regular
State: New York (US-NY)
Postal/Zip Code: 11788
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope, located in Hauppauge, NY has a position available for an experienced machine operator on our first shift shift. Hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM.
This position requires operating grinding machines to put a polished edge on architectural glass in thicknesses ranging from ¼” to ¾”.
There is frequent manual and mechanical lifting and handling of architectural glass products. Muscular, cardiovascular and upper/lower body manipulation is used to move the glass/object through the glass fabrication process (bending, twisting, and reaching). Gripping, cupping, clamping hand and wrist motions are required to support, carry, and maneuver glass/objects to platform heights of three feet in a manner considered safe for self and others.
The ideal candidate has experience operating glass edger machines or has architectural glass handling experience.
We conduct pre-employment drug screens.
- Able to read and speak English.
- Able to read a tape measure to a 1/16”.
- Able to read schedules and labels.
- Able to lift glass up to 75 lbs. unassisted on/off tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates for eight or more hours daily.
- Able to stand and walk on a concrete floor while wearing metatarsal work boots for eight or more hours daily.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 2000 locations and 39,000...