Summary: The general responsibility of the Machine Operator is to operate production equipment in an efficient manner. Responsibility for product quality and sanitation in areas of assignment are also critical.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operates a variety of production equipment by following standard operating procedures.
2. Is responsible for sanitation and orderliness or equipment and area
3. Cross trains to offer greater functionality and flexibility to team
4. Ensures product consistency and quality.
5. Reads, adjusts and monitors control systems, panels and computer screens.
6. Diagnoses and troubleshoots problems in equipment operation.
7. Adjusts equipment (e.g. changing settings, speeds, tension, drives).
8. Completes production reports and forms via computer keyboard or by hand.
9. Assists mechanics when maintenance is required on machinery.
10. Performs mathematical calculations as required to track system performance and fill out reports.
11. Puts key information regarding system performance (downtime and line speed), product sample weights, rework weights and dough dump weights directly in to tracking system.
12. Adheres to good manufacturing practices (GMP) including proper waste disposal, attire, grooming and hygiene.
13. Reports defective equipment or unsafe working conditions to the department supervisor to address the issues.
14. Reports all near misses and accidents to team leader immediately.
15. Attends scheduled meetings.
16. Performs security procedures such as approaching unauthorized personnel, preserves the confidentiality of company documents, reports theft and vandalism, etc.
17. Communicates important information to other team members and departments.
18. Keeps work area clean and orderly at all times.
19. Identifies and suggests opportunities for improvements to procedures, processes and brings them to the attention of management.
20. Assists in training new employees.
21. Follows safety regulations (THINK SAFETY FIRST).
22. Must work as a contributing member of a team
23. Does additional duties as assigned.
24. Demonstrates leadership within their team and works with other teams to ensure plant requirements are met when working in a relief capacity
Flexible work schedule, with willingness to work weekends and holidays
Ability to read and write in English and solve arithmetic problems
Personal computer skills in Microsoft applications
High School diploma or GED
3 years of manufacturing work experience preferred
Ability to work independently, interact and communicate appropriately with supervisors and co-workers to assure efficient operation.
Physical durability is a must in that:
Climbing stairs and ladders at least 6 to 12 times per shift
Lifting containers and other objects up to 50 pounds
Carrying heavy objects up to 100 pounds
Pushing and pulling objects up to 50 pounds
Frequent movement of arms (hands and wrists), shoulders and feet
Frequent bending and stooping
Walking at least 3 to 4 miles per shift
Required to stand for at least 8 hours
Otis Spunkmeyer - 23 months ago
Baked goods are the specialty of this company. ARYZTA is a leading global supplier of specialty baked products to customers in the...