Employees are required to complete the process of the Die Cast Operators in the production of magnesium die cast parts ranging in weight from several ounces to over 30 pounds. This is completed by either operating a CNC mills or lathes and sanding of parts.
Must be able to read and understand written directives. The predominate form of instructions are visual and verbal. Trim operators must be capable of translating verbal orders in to actions. High school education or its equal may be waived at company discretion. Knowledge of math used in manufacturing, and of simple gages preferred. This is a physically demanding position requiring moderately heavy lifting, dexterity and good mechanical shills. Must have a good attendance and clean safety record.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate machines to produce the required quantity of good quality parts to meet production standards.
- Visual inspection of parts during production cycle of equipment.
- Be able to read calipers and micrometers.
- Operation of CNC mills and lathes helpful .
- Reach and lift moderately heavy parts – up to several hundred repetitions per shift.
- Stand and operate machine continuously 10 hours per day.
- Exposed to harsh operating environment this includes: heat of up to 100 degrees.
- Operates equipment in a safe manner to protect self and others from injuries caused by extremely hot metal of up to 1250 degrees.
- Perform other associated duties as needed to continue the productive operation of the company.
- Keep work area clean and orderly.
Pace Industries is an integrated company that provides quality die casting, manufacturing and engineering solutions worldwide.