Peet's customers expect the freshest coffee in the industry. Peet's coffee production team is responsible for meeting these expectations. Reporting to the coffee production manager, the machine operator fills daily coffee orders by operating automated packaging equipment and monitoring the overall quality of coffee bags in an efficient manner. This is a non-exempt, full time, Monday to Friday position.
- Operates automated packaging equipment, including loading film stock for packaging bags, performing basic adjustments, and changeovers.
- Replenishes fulfillment lines by packing, labeling, and palletizing bagged coffee.
- Transfers coffee beans from roasting department to packaging equipment.
- Assists maintenance department as needed on equipment.
- Cleans equipment and surrounding area as per AIB (American Institute of Baking) and company standards.
- Completes all other tasks as assigned by manager or leads.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and basic trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions accurately.
- Ability to communicate with other departments in a productive, professional manner.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to comfortably lift 50 pounds and be able to push/move coffee hoppers containing 1,000 pounds or more of coffee.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and work in a fast paced environment.
- Accuracy, thoroughness, reliability, and ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to uphold safety, food safety, and production quality and freshness standards.
- Orientation to teamwork and strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to maintain production pace of equipment and expected throughput.
- Team oriented attitude and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Self-directed and able to complete all tasks with minimal supervision.
- Fork lift certifiable.
- Scheduling flexibility (ability to work early morning, evening and weekend shifts as needed)
- Able to work overtime as needed in order to meet production demands.
- Must be willing and able to work in an industrial environment with moderate/intermittent noise and nuisance dust.
- Basic computer skills.
Peet's Coffee & Tea - 14 months ago
Peet's Coffee & Tea enjoys the daily grind. The company owns and operates about 195 coffee shops in California and half a dozen...