Machine Operator will be responsible for the setup and operations of machines that are housed throughout the manufacturing shop. Operator will be selecting proper setup and responsible for daily operations of the machine. The Machine Operator position reports directly to the department lead men.
- Set up and operate various production machines
- Performs fabrication of detail parts enabling other departments to build assemblies.
- Perform minor adjustments of production machines as needed
- Moves material from yard to machine.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process issues
- Inspect and produce products at an acceptable quality level
- Clean and perform periodic inspections of machine
- Follow specific manufacturing instructions and guidelines
- Maintain production paperwork.
- Identify, record, and segregate scrap and any non-conforming material
- Complete job responsibilities in a manner that does not put him/herself or other individuals in an unsafe situation and wear all PPE (personal protective equipment) when required.
- May be exposed to excessive noise, welding gases and fumes, and varying weather conditions.
- To work overtime as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their design, use, and maintenance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work in a demanding, multi-task environment.
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient in manual presses, eye burners, CNC plasma burners, shears, rolls, break press, and similar equipment.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, reach, kneel, twist, pull, push, grip, and climb.
- Apply in person, Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm at 3701 Holmes Rd., Houston, TX 77051
- Apply by e-mail at HRdept@pipingtech.com
- Apply by fax at (713) 734-5857