Kansas City, MO, US
Pitney Bowes Seeks a Machine Operator
Pitney Bowes provides technology solutions for small, mid-size and large firms that help them connect with customers to build loyalty and grow revenue. Many of the company’s solutions are delivered on open platforms to best organize, analyze and apply both public and proprietary data to two-way customer communications. Pitney Bowes includes direct mail, transactional mail and call center communications in its solution mix along with digital channel messaging for the Web, email and mobile applications. For more information, please visit us on the web at www.pb.com .
Pitney Bowes Mail Services
This position will sit in our Pitney Bowes Mail Services business unit. This business unit helps customers earn the best possible discounts on First-Class® and Standard® postage with our presort services, doing work the U.S. Post Service would otherwise have to perform. This service spans the globe with international offerings, ranging from mail preparation and fulfillment to courier and freight services
We are currently seeking a Machine Operator. The right candidate will be an integral part of our talented team, supporting our continued growth. This position will be located in our Kansas City, MO location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Operate MLOCR machines to sort and barcode mail received from customers.
• Maintains accuracy and productivity standards while running the equipment. Follows MPTQM practices and policies to assure quality of output by double checking the date, weight, thickness, presort slug, indicia, postage rate, class of mail, etc.
• Checks barcodes for quality (print quality, spacing, etc.)
• Understands machine software and how and when to change sort plans, set address blocks, etc. Maximizes read rates on the mail by making appropriate adjustments and/or notifying supervisor.
• Assists sweepers as needed. Assist in assuring proper tray labels, mail put in the appropriate places, etc.
• Keeps down time to a minimum. If there is not mail to be primaried, re-feed rejects, fan sort residual, etc. The machine should always be running.
• Remains informed of Acceptance Times and when trucks must leave. Assures mail is prepared to hit these times.
• Assure the machine is running properly. Notifies technicians or supervisors of any problems noticed. Trouble shoots or notifies someone who can assist with any machine malfunctions.
• Maintains area around the machine to assure it is a clean, orderly and safe environment.
Other duties as assigned.
To learn more about Pitney Bowes and the many other opportunities available, please visit www.pb.com/careers .
All interested individuals must apply online. Pitney Bowes is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace. Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans are encouraged to apply
• Ability to understand machine software and how and when to use it.
• Knowledge of postal regulations that relate to bar coded mailings.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Thorough knowledge of the processing and flow of the mail.
• Ability to stand, walk, stoop and bend up to 100% of the time with or without accommodation.
• Required to lift up to 50lbs. with or without accommodation.
• Candidate must have a basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
• Must be able to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and/or a different with little or no advance notice.
• The rate of pay is $9.00 per hour
Pitney Bowes - 6 months ago
Pitney Bowes, a global technology company, provides shipping & mailing solutions, data management software, and location intelligence...