The primary purpose of this position is to operate the Carpenter Shop's woodworking machinery to perform various milling tasks of parts for assembly. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Maintain woodworking machines in the Carpenter Shop to ensure their efficient and safe operation.
- Program and enter data into the woodworking machines so the machine can perform functions that enable the user to complete required tasks.
- Ensure that the parts manufactured are completed as dictated by specifications.
- Maintain a safe and clean working area.
- Operate a tow motor to move raw materials and finished products between the work areas and the warehouse.
- Complete time study sheets and document raw material usage so materials and time can be accounted for to ensure the cost of manufacturing is reasonable.
- Assist with new program development.
- Assist Carpenter Shop Manager and Lead Carpenter with training of new associates.
- Maintain inventory records of raw materials.
Experience / Requirements:
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
The following qualities are helpful:
- Ability to pass drug test.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
This position requires a tow motor license to operate a tow motor in the Carpenter Shop.
- Ability to work weekends and extended days on a rare basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), plus two (2) years' experience as an Assembler; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Rite Aid - 19 months ago
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling...