The Fabricator works under the direction of Tower Shop Supervisor, and performs machine set-up for multiple machines (Quick Drill, Press Brake, Plasma, Cut/Punch Machine, etc). Duties include, but are not limited to, operating overhead crane, machine PM’s, verifying parts to prints, verifying the material used for parts to print, and positioning plates on the press for forming.
- Uses common shop mathematics to compute the necessary angles and dimensions required.
- Read tape measure, angle finder, and other necessary measuring devices.
- Read blueprints and flat sheets to lay out work within tolerances to assure accuracy and to meet required specifications and department quality standards.
- Uses overhead bridge cranes to load and unload press, requiring acceptable levels of eye, hand and foot coordination.
- Adjusts to different depth and tilt settings on the press to proper positions to meet tolerances and various specifications.
- Reads and understands labor reporting system, and uses same to report work accomplished, as well as any needed shop or productivity reports.
- Uses all necessary safety equipment and procedures, to prevent injury to himself/herself or other personnel.
- Stands 100% of the time while operating press.
- Lifts, pulls, pushes, pries, and drags heavy materials into position 20% of the shift.
- Must have knowledge of basic shop mathematics, addition, subtraction, fractions and decimals
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be able to or learn how to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to stand 100% of scheduled shift. Lifting, pushing, prying, and dragging heavy materials.
- Must be capable of bending, stooping, crawling under or over and occasional climbing. Lifting up to 50 lbs. for males and 35 lbs. for females.
- Abnormal amount of heat due to the heating process.
- Abnormal level of noise due to grinding, chipping, hammering, requires hearing protection (ear plugs) be worn at all times.
- Must possess adequate dexterity and stamina to sustain expected production effectively
Applications will be accepted through A
pril 4, 2013
As one of the leading producers of highly engineered products & services for both the electric transmission & wireless...