MACHINE OPERATOR I
Conjoin component parts in order to make a viable product. Accomplish by using non-complex, single needle and double needle, semi-automated and automated machines. The machine requires that few decisions be made by the operator.
· Clean machines to ensure proper functioning
· Feed material or part into non-complex semi-automated and automated machines
· Align the material or part on the proper position
· Check machine to ensure it is working properly
· Run item through the machine
· Cross train on other machines
· Prepare processed item to give to either the next worker in the process or to the Material Handler
· Perform quality checks. Remove incorrectly assembled items from rotation
· Fix or discard rejected items
· Count number of items processed
· Must be able to work a 40 hours a week with overtime as required
· Must be able to report to workstation without assistance
· Must be able to sit for long periods of time
· Must be able to lift 5-10 pounds
· Must be able to conduct repetitive motions on a daily basis
· Fold merchandise when needed.
· Assist material handler and peers as needed.
· Work in other departments when needed.
· Clean up left over materials and work area.
· Assume additional responsibilities, perform additional duties, and complete special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must be “legally blind,” with some sight
· Knowledge of the products being produced
· Ability to count
· Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions or instructions given by
· Ability to work independently as well as in teams
· Ability to operate automated and semi-automated machines as well as hand tools
· Must pass proficiency test on two of the level one machine tasks
· Must be able to follow instructions, follow pattern, and must be able to handle equipment operation
· Must be able to maintain standard productivity rate per project
· Employees must be able to perform, demonstrate, and maintain competence on at least three operator tasks with the work cell within the department
· Single Needle Sewing Machine
· Double Needle Sewing Machine
· Programmable Sewing Machines
· Serger Sewing Machine
· Eyelet Machine
· Cover Stitch Sewing Machine
· Dot Socket Machine
· Grommet Machine
· Western Punch
· Dot Stud Machine
· Ace Cutter
· Absorbent Filling Machine
· Production Inspection
· Walking Lockstitch Sewing Machine
TRAVEL: Approximately -0- percent.
SALARY: $9.00 per hour
This job description does not imply these are the only duties to e performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operations of the Division/Department upon request by his/her supervisor.
Please apply on our website at www.salighthouse.org/jobs
SAN ANTONIO LIGHTHOUSE, A NONPROFIT ORGANIZATION, IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind - 2 years ago