Reports directly to the Production Lead. The primary responsibility of the Machine Operator is to set up and operate multiple versions of folding machinery to properly separate rolls into folded web formats according to customer specifications and departmental requirements.
· Set up folding machinery to fold product according to customer specifications and departmental requirements.
· Communicate defective product range and removal requirements to responsible omit personnel.
· Perform periodic quality checks.
· Notify the Production Lead of any quality issues noted on the press roll tag.
· Assist other line personnel as needed or required.
· Record production information on various forms.
· Make minor adjustments to the machinery to maximize through put.
· Wear PPE as required.
· Follow 5S concept as required.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· Ability to work independently and work well with others.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram forms.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Must be able to communicate with personnel at all levels.
· Must display professional behavior at all times.
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customer and the general public
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume
· Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
· Ability to effectively communicate information one-on-one and in group settings
· Ability to work independently or in large groups
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in a mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
· Moderate computer skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires an annual physical.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemical, outside weather conditions, extreme cold and heat, risk of electrical shock, explosives and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.