Performance Films, Inc., a unit of Solutia ( www.solutia.com ), the leading global manufacturer and marketer of glass treatment films for building and automotive solar control as well as security applications has multiple openings for machine operators in our Fieldale, VA facility.
These positions are responsible for the operation and set up of coating and vacuum system machines, slitters and rewinders for different processes and products with the ability to learn the process of mixing adhesives and solvent blends.
Responsibilities also include operatingPLCcontrolled equipment, troubleshooting, monitoring critical process variables, taking finished product measurements and samples, entering data into a computer and preparing equipment for maintenance.
Skills and Accountabilities
- Candidates must possess strong mechanical aptitude and trouble-shooting skills.
- Demonstrated positive safety habits and a good safety and attendance record.
- Must have strong math skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills and computer skills.
- Candidates must be able to work together as a team to drive continuous improvement activities
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to work on rotating swing shift.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the printing or paper industry, chemical industry, or working with polyurethane film, etc. a plus.
- Candidates should have basic computer systems knowledge,SAPexperience a plus.
Solutia Inc. - 7 months ago