This position serves as a machine operator who, under close supervision, develops skills and abilities to set up and operate production machines. While following SOPs and cGMPs, the Machine Operator will operate a variety of production machines including, but not limited to, liquid filling machines, tablet packaging machines, tablet wrapping machines, tube labeling and filling machines, and tablet press production.
- Learn to set up and operate production macines by following and documenting procedures as required to support production schedules.
- Check product quality characteristics while operating the equipment.
- Get required tools or equipment, clean up all equipment and work areas, and properly store tools and equipment. Maintain equipment use logs.
- Assist the Setup Technician in performing changeovers on produciton machines, cleaning equipment and moving product in or out of the production areas as needed.
- Provide support work for plant improvment projects as directed.
- romote team attitude to further company goals concerning productivity, safety and quality.
- Assist in training less experienced personnel on production machines.
- Observe and follow safety procedures using personal safety equipment as required.
- Communicate to Supervisor/Coordinator and other Machine Operators issues with equipment that may affect operations.
- Assist in Production, performing packagiang duties as needed or requested.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year experience with setup or operation of pressing equipment preferred but not required.
- Able to read and legibly write English and follow verbal or written directions.
- Able to use basic arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds up to 40 inches from the floor.
- Able to function with a high degree of manual dexterity to assemble or repair precision equipment.
- Able to read and operate digital and dial scales.
- Able to stoop, bend, and climb
- Able to operate material handling equipment including forklifts
- Able to push/pull carts that may have loads exceeding 200 pounds.
Spectrum Brands - 12 months ago
And you will know them by their trail of brands. Spectrum Brands makes and markets products sold under some of the most recognizable names...