This position serves as a machine operator who, under close supervision, develops skills and abilities to set up and operate production machines. While following SOPs and cGMPs, the Machine Operator will operate a variety of production machines including, but not limited to, liquid filling machines, tablet packaging machines, tablet wrapping machines, tube labeling and filling machines, and tablet press production.
- Learn to set up and operate production macines by following and documenting procedures as required to support production schedules.
- Check product quality characteristics while operating the equipment.
- Get required tools or equipment, clean up all equipment and work areas, and properly store tools and equipment. Maintain equipment use logs.
- Assist the Setup Technician in performing changeovers on produciton machines, cleaning equipment and moving product in or out of the production areas as needed.
- Provide support work for plant improvment projects as directed.
- romote team attitude to further company goals concerning productivity, safety and quality.
- Assist in training less experienced personnel on production machines.
- Observe and follow safety procedures using personal safety equipment as required.
- Communicate to Supervisor/Coordinator and other Machine Operators issues with equipment that may affect operations.
- Assist in Production, performing packagiang duties as needed or requested.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year experience with setup or operation of pressing equipment preferred but not required.
- Able to read and legibly write English and follow verbal or written directions.
- Able to use basic arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds up to 40 inches from the floor.
- Able to function with a high degree of manual dexterity to assemble or repair precision equipment.
- Able to read and operate digital and dial scales.
- Able to stoop, bend, and climb
- Able to operate material handling equipment including forklifts
- Able to push/pull carts that may have loads exceeding 200 pounds.
And you will know them by their trail of brands. Spectrum Brands makes and markets products sold under some of the most recognizable names...