This position serves as a machine operator who, under close supervision, develops skills and abilities to set up and operate production machines. While following SOPs and cGMPs the Machine Operator will operate a variety of production machines including but not limited to liquid filling machines, tablet packaging machines, tablet wrapping machines, tube labeling and filling machines and tablet press production.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn to setup and operate production machines by following and documenting procedures as rquired to support production schedules.
- Check product quality characteristics while operating the equipment.
- Get required tools or equipment, clean up all equipment and work areas and properly store tools and equipment. Maintain equipment use logs.
- Assist the Setup Technician in performing changeovers on production machines, cleaning equipment and moving product in or out of the production areas as needed.
- Provide support work for plant improvement projects as directed.
- Promote team attitude to further company goals concerning productivity, safety and quality.
- Assist in training less experienced personnel on production machines.
- Observe and folow safety procedures using personal safety equipment as required.
- Communicate to Supervisor/Coordinator and other Machine Operators issues with equipment that may affect operations.
- Assist in Production performing packaging duties as needed or requested.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Must maximize "up" time on produciton equipment to achieve greater efficiency and maximize run times.
- Timely response to production problems or requests is necessary to maintain work continuity.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year experience with setup or operation of pressing equipment preferred, but not required.
And you will know them by their trail of brands. Spectrum Brands makes and markets products sold under some of the most recognizable names...