The candidate will operate equipment used for manufacturing and chopping of carbon fibers in a safe manner and in accordance with the technical data sheet (TDS) and operating manual in compliance with Zolteks safety procedures. The position requires lifting, turning, bending, reaching, pulling, walking and standing for extended periods of time. The employee must be able to tolerate the heat and must be able to wear a dust mask and/or gloves.
- Responsible for following procedures to ensure safety, quality and production of product.
- Feed continuous strands of carbon fiber through chopper to be cut to length per customers specifications.
- Monitor chopper to ensure correct operation of equipment.
- Inspect size/quality of processed material, ensuring customers specifications are met.
- Remove boxes up to 40 pounds from scale and properly close and seal for shipment, attach labels and complete necessary paperwork for inventory control.
- Remove and package samples for quality control inspection.
- Inspect equipment and product for potential problems and report to the supervisor immediately.
- Assemble boxes for packaging.
- Rebuild chopper head as required by replacing cutting blades.
- Communicate, as a team, with supervisor and co-workers.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean.
- Be knowledgeable of personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety procedures for your work area, including emergency shut-down power loss and evacuation procedures.
- Ahigh school or a GED is required.
- One year of manufacturing or industrial technology experience is desired.
- Good finger and manual dexterity is required.
Compensation & Benefits:
The starting rate for this role is $11.00 per her. Zoltek also offers a competitive benefits package. Benefits include:
Prescription drug benefits
Flexible spending accounts
Tuition assistance program
Short term and long term disability coverage
Employee assistance program
Optional life insurance
For immediate consideration for this position, please submit your resume online. Zoltek is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides a drug free work place.
Zoltek Corporation - 18 months ago
Over the past decade and more, Zoltek has enunciated a clear vision and a consistent strategy. We endured our dark years and we have been...