The position serves as a focal point of all machining operations within the company and
requires coordination of work with other departmental supervisors, machinists, sub-contractors, engineering and management to ensure timely delivery of quality parts.
Under minimal supervision, sets up and operates CNC (computer numerical controlled) machinery to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts. Supervises CNC Operators
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following; however, other duties may apply.)
practices of the trade
- Performs all tasks in a safe and responsible manner
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience managing schedules, workflow, safety, personnel and equipment
- Experience with planning, estimating and reporting
- First point of contact for new and advancing tooling technologies
- Requires a depth of proficiency in a broad range of activities related to job
- Reads and interprets blueprints
- Properly and safely loads and unloads castings and raw materials in CNC machinery
- Uses gages and measuring instruments to meet tolerance requirements
- Ability to setup, program, operate and troubleshoot CNC lathes and mills w ithout assistance. Must be self- sufficient.
- Ability to reduce setup time and machining through process improvements
- Must be proficient with Mazatrol Matrix and FANUC controls
- Understands, interprets and edits FANUC G-code programming
- Recognizes, deploys and properly uses inserts, fixtures and tooling
- Understands and has the ability to perform tool wear offsets
- Performs daily and regular cleaning and light maintenance tasks on CNC machinery
- Assists in the organization and maintenance of the machine shop work environment
- Provides constant feedback and input into process improvement within the department
- Utilizes and abides by Quality Manual System requirements and safety procedures
- Complies with all quality policies, specifications, regulations and instructions
- Communicates thoughts and ideas, both verbally and in writing, to co-workers and management
- Attends scheduled meetings and actively participates by providing meaningful input
- Work well independently and within a team and has the ability to coordinate efforts with fellow co-workers
- I s flexible with time and schedule to assure availability to customer or company as circumstances warrant
- Communicates honestly, professionally and respectfully with others and d emonstrates effective listening skills
- Considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, and standard
- Considerable knowledge of the maintenance and repair of machine shop tools and
- Needs a strong appreciation of the importance of completing tasks on time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- 20/20 Vision (either naturally or with correction)
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment and competing demands
- Knowledge of Job Boss (Shop Boss) is a plus
Super vises CNC Operators. p romotes a team environment within the department. Cooperates and assists all departments in resolving issues as related to jobs. Communicates directly with the Manufacturing Manager on all employee issues.
To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four year Vocational/Technical School certification/apprenticeship program; and
- 15 -20 years experience machining; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
Effectively communicate and understand job instructions both verbally and w ritten in the English language. Ability to effectively interpret and translate instructions to other employees in a professional and respectful man ner .
Ability to perform basic mathematical computations. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to move or transfer products with an overhead crane. Ability to lift 40 lbs. when required. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.