As a member if our dynamic team, you will be responsible for providing engineering support to the Plant. The role also develops and supports both capital, expense and MRC Projects. During a typical day, the role could trouble-shoot inefficiencies associated with a particular machine, develop process and procedures, assist with the installation of new machinery or provide expertise along with technical support to maintenance technicians and other engineers.
• Support plant safety processes and participate in maintaining the "Goal Zero" focus.
• Ensure the design of machinery used in process plants complies with company, industry and engineering practices, applicable industry codes and is consistent with company standards.
• Optimize new and existing machinery and systems for the Olefins operation.
• Mentor less experienced engineers and provide technical support to maintenance and operations.
• Develop engineering processes and procedures that adhere to company standards and industry best practices.
• Analyze, diagnose, initiate and install process machinery and ancillary systems.
• Address routine design requirements and the adequacy of non-conforming equipment for intended use.
• Provide technical advice and expertise regarding machinery related concerns and issues.
• Develop equipment PM's and establish spare parts for plant machinery.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 7 years prior experience working as a mechanical engineer with relevant experience in the refining, petrochemical, or chemical process industries.
• Knowledge of machine design, vibration analysis, systematic problem solving, and equipment failure analysis is required.
• Must be well versed in the design essentials of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps and compressors, steam and combustion gas turbines.
• Must also be knowledgeable in gear design, lubrication systems, the mechanics of couplings, and the design and operation of seal systems.
• Ability to effectively interface with groups across and outside of the plant, effectively facilitate teamwork to obtain alignment of organizational goals is essential.
FPCNational - 17 months ago