Manufacturer seeking experienced Machinist for a temp to hire position.|
Under minimal supervision able to perform multiple setups and operations to produce metal parts and assemblies on a production basis reporting to Production Manager.
Essential Job Functions (primary duties and outputs of position):
• Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions, reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
• Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines, such as mills, lathes and grinders.
• Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
• Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly, using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, pin gauges, calipers etc.
• May confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
• Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and calipers.
• Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers, or grinders.
• Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments.
• Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
• Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
• Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
• Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
• Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
• Prior experience working with band saws, drill press, manual lathes, mills, grinders and cutters.
• Able to read blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• 5-10 years previous experience.