Title Machinist Job # 14477BR Job Function Manufacturing/Fabrication City Oklahoma City State Oklahoma Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description ARINC Aerospace in Oklahoma City is looking for an Machinist II. In this role the candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours. Qualifications All candidates must have (6) or more years of experience in fabrication sheet metal and machined component parts showing increasing complexity. Previous experience with tooling required. Experience with CNC press brake, CNC water jet, manual mills, lathes saws and general machine shop tools and practices are also required. Typically requires completion of a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools such as press brakes, water jets, lathes and mills to make metal parts, mechanisms, tools, or machines to exacting tolerances and dimensions.
- Interpret blueprints, sketches, and engineering specifications.
- Determine sequence of operations, number of cuts required, and method of setup.
- Use a variety of machinist's hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points to lay out stock for machining. Fits and assembles precision parts into mechanical equipment and determines material, parts, and equipment required.
- Monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
Education/Certification Required: High School Diploma or equivalent. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25
ARINC - 2 years ago