O'Neal Steel, Inc. one of the nation's largest metal service centers has an opening for a Warehouse Craft IV. We are looking for a highly motivated and hard working person, capable of setting up and operating one or more machines that vary in their size, cost, speed, sophistication, and/or complexity. Set up and operation includes adjustment and/or replacement of expendable tooling, guides, jigs, and fixtures. |
- Ability to add, subtract and multiply whole numbers, decimals and fractions.
- Ability to convert decimals to fractions and vice versa.
- Ability to use the following measuring tools: calipers, micrometer, tape measure, steel rule, square.
- Must be able to concentrate and maintain productivity in high pressure situations.
- Must be able to work without close supervision.
- Responsible for providing error-free work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of their position.
- Involves CNC programming, the making of fixtures, set up and changeover, running CNC machining center and also running the drill when time permits. The operator must also be capable of operating other equipment as required for the fabrication of various parts. The operator is responsible for producing quality parts in the most productive manner while following safe work practices.
- Ability to read prints and understand geometric tolerances to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or workpiece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and grinders.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Performs first piece inspection and verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Records process used to run special set/ups in the online GUI system
- Operates forktruck to move raw material and finished product.
- Cleans and organizes work area.
Iowa Laser - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard