Unmatched Solutions and Expertise for Absolute Confidence
Being certain means everything when solving complex engineering challenges. Our products and our reputation depend on it. At MTS Systems Corporation, we collaborate closely with our customers to design, develop and produce higher quality products with greater speed and lower cost. Join our innovative team and help us support our mission to be the leading provider of testing and sensing solutions. By working together, we can help our customers optimize their designs, improve their productivity and bring better products to market faster.
To perform in a limited-production-run custom prototype machine shop machining parts for test equipment for industries such as aerospace, automotive, medical and others that meet customer expectations, on-time delivery, quality and cost.
1. Performs machining operations on a variety of parts and is fully competent in the following areas:
Accepts responsibility for completing CNC machining in an efficient manner.
• Demonstrates an understanding of reading Blue Prints and meets print requirements.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the Machine Shop routing system.
• Demonstrates an understanding of his/her customers' quality and on-time expectations.
• Takes initiative and makes decisions to meet the customers' expectations.
• Keeps work area clean and well organized.
• Performs set-ups in a timely and efficient manner; improve quality without added machining time.
2. Provides feedback to area supervisor on quality problems and trends.
3. Shows flexibility and willingness to work overtime and to meet demands of other work stations.
4. Interfaces with colleagues and shift personnel; communicates well with colleagues.
5. Operates and maintains equipment in a safe manner. Performs normal preventative maintenance as required or apparent.
6. Maintains an effective relationship with supervisor. Shows willingness to help resolve issues regarding schedules and priorities.
7. Recommends to supervisor of any safety problems or hazards and takes necessary action to assure safe operating conditions.
· High school graduate or G.E.D. equivalency.
· Two years trade school or four plus years machine shop experience OR two years trade school and two plus years as a Machinist, or six plus year's machine shop experience.
· Understands blueprints, has general knowledge of shop math, familiar with working properties of metals.
· Must be able to lift 30-40 pounds.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 18 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...