I. Essential Functions:
Typical candidates have a vast array of machining experience (manual and CNC) on both mills and lathes . Experience with presses, grinders, and basic hand tools. They must be able to multi-task and work independently in an educated and mechanical way to do job-shop machining
II. Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities:
Manual and CNC Machining on both mills and lathes, press operation. They are looking for someone with a want to do machining to the fullest. Manual machining, CNC machining in a job-shop environment. They have a very big customer that they support them in many endeavors-testing, tool creations, equipment prototypes, etc
1. Must be able to run manual lathes 10" x 40" on up.
2. Capable of running manual knee (Bridgeport) mill.
3. Able to read and interpret geometric drawings.
4. Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
5. Able to plan job, select tooling and do own setups.
6. Capable of holding sizes and tolerances from +/- 0.0005" to fractional dimensions.
7. Able to work under pressure to complete jobs on time for customers.
8. Willingness to learn conversational programing of mills and lathes.
9. Knowledge of Southwestern Industries SMX mill and/or SLX lathe controls a definite benefit.
10. Brand new SWI DPM5 Bed Mill and Trak TRL 2460SX Lathe and latest tooling available to use.
11. Work with a wide variety of materials:
Aluminum, brass, bronze, cast iron, alloy steels, tool steels, titanium, tungsten, molybdenum, plastics etc.
CNC Machinist - Lathe and Mill
Current CNC Machines - Haas VF-2 Mill, Haas TM-3P Mill, Hitachi-Seiki Turning Center
CNC Programing Software - BobCAD CAM V23 and V25
Same requirements as above plus CNC machining knowledge and abilities.
They are willing to go many different routes to find the right person:
1-A person new to the business with basic manual machine ability that would like to learn the business in every facet from beginning to end(entry level with a definitive drive to learn machining)
2-A person with a good grasp on basic manual machining and some CNC experience, maybe some CNC programming:
3-A person with a very good grasp on manual machining, CNC machining and a very good grasp on programming to the fullest: