Operates high-precision CNC mills and jig-bores in a high-mix / low to medium production volume environment
- Machining using YASDA, MAZAK, MAKINO and SIP CNC equipment
- Programming using Mazatrol and Fanuc controllers.
- Machine (bore, mill, slot) a wide assortment of sometimes intricate and expensive castings, forgings, weldments and machined parts to close tolerances, (0.0002”).
- Inspect and be accountable for own parts using SPC software.
- Setup machine center to perform required operation that requires blocking, and alignment of irregular shapes.
- Set 3 axis position stops, fixture offsets, select proper feeds, speeds and tools.
- Perform operator intervened operations that are required by program sequences.
Reports to: Machine Shop Supervisor
- Must have 5-10 years working on vertical and/or horizontal machine tools.
- Journeyman or completion of apprenticeship program is a plus.
- Experience working on YASDA, MAZAK, MAKINO or SIP machining centers is highly desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, sometimes of a complex nature with interrelated dimensions.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to work and inspect parts to close tolerances (.0002”).
- Part programming ability in Mazatrol, EIA or G format is desirable.
Other duties as required
Quality Vision International, Inc. and its affiliated companies are equal opportunity employers. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Quality Vision International Inc - 2 years ago