Summary : The mail clerk overseess the mailroom operations and provides customer service to the residents .
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned) :
- Attend all staff meetings, in-services, and training sessions.
- Inventory all Mailroom supplies.
- Request supply orders in a timely manner to appropriate personnel.
- Distribute and collect notices, reports, and forms as directed.
Customer Service Procedures
- Distribute all incoming mail in a timely manner.
- Keep a record of all registered mail and hold it in the Mailroom until it is claimed and signed for by the resident.
- Keep a record of all packages and hold them in the Mailroom until they are claimed and signed for by the resident
- Forward mail as appropriate.
- Monitor and document all damaged and tampered mail.
- Comply with all State and Federal guidelines related to mail handling safety.
- Actively seek to improve Mailroom operations.
- Understand, communicate, enforce, and follow property policies.
- Assist in resolving conflicts and respond to inappropriate behavior.
- Foster a positive, cooperative and comfortable environment for residents.
- Maintain high standards in behavior and attitude.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience/Abilities: High School diploma preferred; Prior experience in the student housing industry preferred.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of all Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions The noise level in the environment is moderate
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and carry packages. The vision requirements include: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
American Campus Communities - 8 months ago
American Campus Communities (ACC) actually does most of its business off campus. The self-managed real estate investment trust (REIT) owns...