Summary and Mission
Accountable for pick-up and sorting of incoming mail and office supplies as well as in-house distribution, delivery and pick-up of outgoing mail.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Experience and Education
- Process domestic mail daily by sorting, distributing, and dispatching incoming, outgoing, and department mail in a timely and accurate manner
- Deliver and pick-up interoffice and outgoing mail
- Sorts mail according to destination and type such as returned letters, adjustments, bills, orders, and payments
- Readdresses undeliverable mail bearing incomplete or incorrect address
- Examines outgoing mail for appearance and seals envelopes by hand or machine
- Work with pre-need department in general fulfillment duties such as copying, faxing, etc.
- Stamps outgoing mail by hand or with postage meter
- Folds letters or circulars and inserts in envelopes
- Distributes and collects mail
- Weighs mail to determine that postage is correct
- Keeps record of registered mail
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of 2-3 years prior mail clerk experience strongly preferred
Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed include:
Licenses and Certifications
- General administrative and clerical skills required, including:
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Ability to work on multiple high priority tasks simultaneously in a fast paced environment
- Must possess basic computer literacy
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Detail oriented and ability to work on time sensitive
- Complete tasks given minimal instructions and take the initiative to figure out a resolution.
- Ability to ensure an accurate work product and meet deadlines
- Valid state issued driver’s license
- Clean driving record
- No travel is required in this position
- This job does not have any supervisory responsibilities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Talk or hear.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
We are committed to being the most professional, ethical, and highest quality funeral and cemetery service organization in our industry....