The incumbent receives all incoming mail from the U.S. Postal Service and assumes responsibility for the timely and accurate processing of all regular and specialty mail; insures that all mail, both incoming and outgoing is safeguarded; has authorization to open improperly addressed mail to identify proper recipient; maintains an official change of address card file for discharged patients; conducts six mail surveys annually; delivery and pick-up of mail is throughout the center utilizing both a push cart and an electric cart.
Welcome to Dublin, "The Emerald City," and Laurens County, where small town southern charm and a determination to keep Dublin-Laurens County "Green and Growing" have combined to create a community rich in character and full of life.
The Carl Vinson VA Medical Center is located on a beautifully landscaped 75-acre tract in Dublin, Georgia. The 340 operating-bed facility provides both acute and extended care services and has approximately 800+ employees providing comprehensive health care to veterans in Middle and South Georgia.
Services provided at the medical center include primary care, mental health, ambulatory and primary care, optometry, womens health, and extended care, as well as specialized programs to include cardiology, pulmonary, general surgery, podiatry, urology, and physical therapy. Mental Health services available include treatment for substance abuse, post-traumatic stress disorder, and general psychiatric care.
In addition to the services available at our medical center, Primary Care services are provided at three community-based outpatient clinics (CBOCs) - located in Albany, Brunswick, Milledgeville, Macon, and Perry, Georgia. Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more . Contact the Agency Contact on the last page of the JOA for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
Qualifications & Evaluations
Basic Qualification Requirement: You must meet one of the following qualification requirements :
1. Experience: 1 year general experience equivalent to at least GS-3, General experience is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of the position.
2. Education: 2 years above high school. (You must submit a copy of college transcripts.)
3. Combination of Experience/Education: You may have a combination of the specialized experience and education as described in "1" and "2" above that equals 100 percent when combined to equal the required 1 year of general or specialized experience needed for this position. (You must submit a copy of college transcripts.)
KSA 1 - Knowledge of Federal laws pertaining handling of U. S. Mail KSA 2 - Ability to analyze KSA 3 - Knowledge of record keeping
Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Benefits & Other Info
VA offers a comprehensive benefits package. This link provides is an overview of the benefits currently offered:
How to Apply
), follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items 3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan CTAP) provide eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation and be found well-qualified (have a final rating of 90 or more before any Veterans preference points) for this vacancy. Information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
1. Resume (Ensure each period of employment has a description of experience gained as well as beginning and ending dates).
2. Occupational Questionnaire .
3. You may also include Declaration of Appointee, OF-306 (October 2011 version must be submitted, available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf ).
To document Area Of Consideration/Status eligibility one or more of the following is required :
4. IF you are a permanent employee of the Carl Vinson VA Medical Center, Dublin, to include satellite employees , latest Notification of Personnel Action , SF-50, reflecting your current, permanent status as a facility employee. Your SF-50 should reflect Tenure group 1 or 2 in block 24.
5. IF you are a current Federal employee: latest Notification of Personnel Action , SF-50, which reflects your current Grade level in block 10 or 18 and Tenure category in block 24.
6. IF you are a former Federal employee: last Notification of Personnel Action , SF-50, which reflects your prior Grade level in block 10 or 18 and Tenure category in block 24.
7. IF prior military service, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty , DD Form 214 - Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, indicating your Character of Service . Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference and a copy of your VA Letter which shows your rating. (Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf15.pdf .
8. IF you are a displaced Federal employee claiming ICTAP/CTAP you must submit documentation.
9. IF you are using education to qualify you must submit a copy of your college transcript(s).
10. IF claiming eligibility for Schedule A appointment you must submit a copy of your letter.
You will not be contacted for additional information.
0305-Mail And File
After you Submit Your Application... After the closing date we review your application package for completeness and all required documents. Your qualifications will be reviewed to determine if you meet the basic requirements. After all applications are review and the qualified applicants are referred out on a certificate, an e-mail will be sent.
What happens when your application is referred? Our Master Agreement ensures that internal applicants must be considered before external candidates. If the Hiring Manager elects to consider external candidates, he or she may contact you for an interview and may elect to use the Performance Based Interviewing (PBI) process. If PBI is used, questions will be job-related, reasonably consistent and fair to all candidates. You can visit the following two web sites (1) http://www.va.gov/pbi (2) http://vaww.va.gov/ohrm/Staffing/PBI/PBI_Intr.htm to learn more about PBI, frequently asked questions and aids to prepare for an interview.
After interviewing is Complete
Once a selection is made a tentative offer would be made by phone and upon acceptance the pre-appointment process would begin. All other candidates will be notified of the outcome.
15513-Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is a government-run military veteran benefit system with Cabinet-level status. It is...