The MC sorts internal mail and delivers it to the destination, often using a cart to carry the mail between offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Day to day functions):
- Handles external mail, serving as the link between the U.S. Postal Service and individual offices and workers.
- Sorts and date/time stamps incoming mail and deliver mail within large office buildings.
- Prepares outgoing mail for delivery to the post office.
- Facilitates delivery of outgoing mail, and ensures that the mail is sent the most cost effective way .
- Contacts delivery services to send important letters or parcels.
- Operates machines that collate, fold, and insert material into envelopes for mailing.
- Operates machines that affix postage and mailing la bels and tracks the amount of money expended on postage.
- Uses computers to keep records of incoming or outgoing items.
- May be cross trained to perform as a File Clerk, General Office Worker, and/or FDNS Clerk.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
Minimum Experience, Education, and Licensure:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Should have at least one year’s work experience preferably in an administrative or customer service field.
- Must qualify for an internal agency security clearance.
- Must be computer literate; able to enter data at a reasonable rate.
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by the spoken word.
- Must qualify for an internal agency security clearance and a DSS Secret Clearance.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer skills required: MS Office, data entry skills preferred.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment and relate well
- Ability to show initiative and commitment to the company’s goals.
- Ability to readily adapt to changing requirements.
- Strong commitment to performing and producing at the highest level of quality at
- Ability to manage individual workflow effectively and improve processes when necessary.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with coworkers both in written and verbal communications.
- Positive attitude focused on customer satisfaction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit or stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, office equipment, or supplies. Use fingers and hands to type or write; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The MC must also be able to conduct repetitive body movements, push, pull, reach, stoop and/or bend and lift up to 45 pounds repetitively at times .
This position is performed in a traditional office environment.
FCi Federal - 16 months ago